Life is crazy, we all know that. I’m sure I don’t have to explain how busy I’ve been because most of us are in the same boat. So, that’s my lame explanation for why this post is a month late. Besides, I’m choosing to believe that 2018 starts in February. January is just the free trial month.
I stopped using the term “new years resolutions” years ago. I always found it just led to me setting myself up for failure. So now I just set myself goals. I know, it’s not all that different, but it just seems like less pressure. I have three categories of goals this year: personal, professional/cosplay, and writing.
I’m not going to get too into my personal goals this year because they’re well, personal, but there are a couple I will mention:
- spend less time caring what people think
- get A1C down (average blood sugars — I’m diabetic)
- don’t let the little things get to me as much
My professional goals this year are mainly to do with my own business, as well as my cosplay.
- get my business LinkedIn and pinterest up and running
- post more
- blog more
- design a new cup cozy every month
- finish my dream cosplay (which you’ll see in March)
Lastly, my writing goals… I moved to Vancouver to be a writer and it’s something I barely do anymore. I mean, clearly, I still do considering I write this blog, and also I write for a blog for a living, but still.
- write in the prompt journal I got for Christmas daily
- write more in general, even if it is fanfiction
- start writing a musical
Now, I expect you all to hold me accountable for this. I’ll make sure to keep you all updated on how I’m doing on these goals, so you can all keep me honest. Let’s crush this year!